Hillsborough commissioners approve stray cat neuter-release plan | Tampa Bay Times
After hearing from a divided, emotional audience of animal advocates, county commissioners voted 6-1 Wednesday to begin the controversial two-year pilot program. It’s part of a broader, ambitious plan to increase adoptions and reduce killings at the county’s animal shelter.
But it was the trap-neuter-release program that drew the most attention and controversy.
- Hillsborough OKs plan to trap, sterilize, release cats (TBO.com)
- Commissioners approve new cat program (abcactionnews.com)
- Hillsborough plan for feral cats faces hearing (TBO.com)
- Difficult decision, but fewer cats will die (miamiherald.com)
- Becky Robinson: States’ Support for Trap-Neuter-Return Is Gaining Momentum (huffingtonpost.com)