National Pet Day
After the success of National Pet Day 2012, 2013 will once again celebrate the joy that our lovely furry friends bring into our lives!
But there is a really sad reason behind why this day has been set up in the first place. With around 16000 pets dying in US shelters on a daily basis. That adds up to 667 animals an hour!
Think about all the things that you buy – shoes, bags, coffee – all the things that are unnecessary when you think about the change that you would make by foregoing one of these things to donate money to help these poor, helpless animals instead.
Just think – if one million people in America donated $1 dollar a month, that’s 12 million dollars raised altogether! Such little effort, and with maximum results!
via National Pet Day.
In my house every day is pet day and I am so grateful for all of my boys! They bring me joy each and every day. I don’t care if I don’t have the latest greatest toys or that my house is not the best on the block. It is a very happy place because of Sama and My Feral Family.
If you find it in your heart today. Please make a donation to your favorite pet charity. If you like to tell us about it, please do comment below and put a link to their webpage if they have one!
- I got Sama from Brooke’s Legacy Animal Rescue
- I contribute to Alley Cat Allies when I can by buying their literature
- I’ve volunteered for The Brody Project – it seems my tech skills come in handy now and again!
- Guardians of Rescue Celebrates National Pet Day (ireport.cnn.com)
- Show Your Pet Appreciation This April (strategicobjectives.com)