My Feral Family and the Liebster Award
My Feral Family recently received a nomination from Janet Blue at The Cat on my Head for the Liebster Award. If you’ve never read Janet’s blog, I recommend you stop over there before logging off your computer today! Her posts are well-written and just plain fun to read!
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers on the rise but with less than 200 followers.
The rules are as follows: answer 11 questions posed by your nominator, post 11 questions to your nominees, post 11 random facts about yourself and nominate another 11 blogs meeting the afore stated criterion.
This posting has taken me days of thought and most of this afternoon choosing just 11 blogs to nominate. The less than 200 followers criteria is a little tricky. These 11 blogs are definitely worth checking out! They have some very interesting content.
Janet’s questions to me and my responses:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to have a reason and commitment to writing regularly.
2. Summer or Winter Olympics and favorite sport?
Summer Olympics – Equestrian Dressage. I think the horses are so beautiful. It’s like watching them dance.
3. What’s the most outrageous/daring thing on your Bucket List?
Be a guest on The Cobert Report. He’s so funny and I think that it would be very intimidating to be interviewed by him.
4. For the women: Ryan Gosling or Hugh Jackman? For the men: Halle Berry or Emma Stone?
Hugh Jackman is at least in a reasonable age range. LOL. They’re both very good looking.
5. If you were forced to appear on a reality show, which one would you choose?
Clean Sweep. Yes, I admit that I could use a whole crew to help me get my home in order.
6. Would you rather spend $200 on a great pair of shoes or a gourmet meal?
Shoes last longer!
7.Favorite ice cream flavor?
Chocolate Chip Mint
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
10 acres somewhere warm with enough trees to have shade near the house and enough room to have fun with my animals.
9. What was your very first job?
Day camp riding instructor. Nice summer job.
10. What is your favorite and least favorite veggie?
Most favorite is Kohlrabi, just the name of that sounds interesting and the taste, well you’ll have to try some for yourself! Least favorite Eggplant, never liked it, can’t imagine I ever will.
11. What one cancelled television (recent or from the long-ago past) show would you like to see return?
11 Random facts about me:
- I used to be a firefighter.
- I used to live in a town called Muscadine.
- I graduated from the same high school as my father did.
- I was on the rifle team in high school.
- I am the least musical person in my family.
- I had a job trying to sell burial plots over the phone.
- I would love to finish writing my book and get it published.
- I love taking pet photos.
- I would like to make something that I could sell online.
- I enjoy reading fun fiction books.
- I enjoy learning about my ancestors.
11 questions for my nominees:
- How many pets do you have?
- How many different towns have you lived in?
- Do you prefer to travel by land, sea, or air?
- What was your most favorite job?
- When reading what is your favorite genre of fiction?
- How old were you when you got your first library card?
- How many different countries have you visited?
- Who is your favorite musician?
- MAC or PC?
- What motivates you to keep a blog?
- Patricia McConnell, Ian Dunbar, or Cesar Millan?
11. Blogs I nominate – Please do visit them, they have wonderful content.
- Steph Palallos Artist / Certified Cat Lady
- Ruthrawls’s Blog: In which there are cats & yarn. Oh, and dead people.
- Cat From Hell’s Blog Thoughts and musings of the Cat From Hell
- chitchat and all of that: professional mom, amateur photographer, student of life. Somebody’s sweetheart.
- The Kitten Kaboodle: Life as a sometime kitten foster mom
- It’s a Pussy Cat’s Life
- Cat’s Meow: The magickal world of cats.
- Lifecoach Linda
- A New Leash on Life: Focusing on animals in need of a new home.
- Positive Grooming
- Fetch for me, Human